Sunday, May 5, 2013

Brunch outcome & photo

Well, as usual it was great to see Michelle. And, I forgot to photograph the quiche in all its quich-y glory. Instead, I included this little photo of the last sliver remaining.

As it turns out, it was good! A few tips- do all the prep work for the quiche (saute leeks, cook bacon, shred cheese), but do not assemble or cook in advance. I cooked the quiche Saturday then reheated it today. So, we didn't get that fluffy goodness. But, it was pretty good! Mike liked it, though not as much as the heavy cream full fat cheese version. Another tip- my friend Heather mentioned that leeks are a bear to clean- they are. So might as well clean a bunch at once, allow to dry, then freeze! Genius! If you choose to go that way, assume 2 loosely packed uncooked cups, making 1-1.5 cooked cups. Finally, I cut the quiche into sixths before anyone served themselves. That way, I knew I got one serving before others sliced pieces in half, etc.

I ended up eating lots of fruit salad, 2 muffins, and a slice of quiche. 12 points well spent for a brunch!

What are your tips for enjoying brunches with friends?

No comments:

Chef Lauren in action

Chef Lauren in action
Cooking school on my honeymoon in Italy.