Friday, May 20, 2011

oh how I've missed you!

Hello blog readers! Its been WAY too long. Since my last post I've:

1- gotten a job
2- gone on 3 trips in as many weeks
3- done more yard work than I thought humanly possible
4- celebrated Easter (with more candy than I thought humanly possible)
5- graduated with my PhD
6- finally, gotten back on the WW bandwagon!

Yeah...I fell off for a while. Things got too crazy. But now, I have eleven weeks before I move to NJ. Yes, you heard me correctly, New Jersey. The garden state. And I can't wait. Say what you will about Snookie and Chris Christie, but I'll be in an awesome job, and only about 2.5 hours away from my family. Just 45 minustes from Philly & an hour from NYC. Can't really get much better than that. Anyway, in these 11 weeks, I plan to get back on the WW wagon! I started journaling again on Monday, and through all this craziness gained just 0.6 lbs. Not so bad at all! And this is the perfect time of year to get back started with points plus- its strawberry season! My wonderful husband picks strawberries for me on the way home from work a few times a week. I try my very hardest not to consume them all in a day or two. Normally, I do pretty well :)

So, here's a recipe. Its a simple one, but a good breakfast and starts my day with a serving of whole grains, healthy fats, and fruit.

Breakfast Elvis Wrap 5 points plus
1 whole grain tortilla (I use Harris Teeter 8 grain--only 2 pp each!)
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 banana
light drizzle of honey

Put the tortilla on a plate and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Spread most of the PB down the middle, but put a tiny dot to "glue" the edges in place. Slice the banana on top of the PB in the middle (you might have extra banana. in that case, just eat it alone. call it a breakfast appetizer) and drizzle with honey. Wrap, eat, and enjoy!

PS- somehow iphoto lost my uploaded picture.

No comments:

Chef Lauren in action

Chef Lauren in action
Cooking school on my honeymoon in Italy.