Friday, March 25, 2011

delicious muffins...and cookies


Hi everyone. My life is full of uncertainty right now. I bake when I need to work things out in my head. I have a lot to work out. The result--some delicious muffins and cookies.

The muffins were a combination of recipes, both from Nigella Lawson books. The combination might sound strange, but the results were awesome. Here goes:

Banana Chocolate Muffins- makes 11 at 3 points plus each
1 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tbsp honey
4 tbsp butter
2 overripe bananas mashed
1 egg
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredients and set aside. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter & honey together till its all liquid. Beat egg, mash in bananas, and add to dry ingredients. Add butter-honey mixture. Stir till combined. Add in chocolate chips. Portion out into a muffin pan and bake for about 20 minutes. These are delish.

Also, I made these cookies today. Also delish.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The muffins sound so good! I even have honey on hand, so I'll just have to get a couple extra bananas and maybe make these next weekend.

I tried the filete sauce and it's very good. I'll be interested to see how it tastes coming out of the freezer next time, but I can always doctor it up if I need to.

Unknown said...

The muffins are awesome!

Lauren said...

Thanks Loretta! You're so sweet. I LOVE these muffins :)

Chef Lauren in action

Chef Lauren in action
Cooking school on my honeymoon in Italy.